What do we imagine when we think about Christmas?
What it comes to your mind when we talk about Christmas?
It is probably ... friends, family, food, lights, decoration, gifts, shopping and a lot of vibes and feelings. Some people love Christmas and others hate it.
From Vesica Piscis, we want to promote this tradition, where Christmas spirit isn’t lost, but always respecting animals and taking care of the environment.
9 easy points to get a more sustainable Christmas:
- Spend time with the people around you. Forget your virtual life to return to the real one "when you finish reading our blog: P"
- Also take care of what happens in the kitchen. Special attention on cooking more that you can eat so that the food does not ends up in the trash.
- Extends the solidarity to other species. Cook with vegetable ingredients, there are lots of easy, delicious and vegan recipes that you can prepare this Christmas. Check it out here! “A vegan around the world”
- Find other ways to make gifts. There are many alternatives to offer ethical, conscious, recycled and recyclable presents. Some ideas for a sustainable Christmas
- Think before buying objects. Do not forget that extravagance is not synonymous with love, just as saving is not the same as stingy. An original experience with the people you appreciate will be always be recorded.
- Do NOT flood your celebration with disposable products. Sometimes, the worst of these family meals is washing the dishes and many times, we prefer to use disposables ones. It is certainly not a good option, since in the end we generate a huge amount of waste. Besides last minute purchases, take us to use plastic bags, remember that we are increasingly offering other alternatives. Example of EKOMODO totebag and our Sack Pack backpack.
- Reduce your environmental footprint by wrapping gifts. Wrap them in newspaper, for example as we do and if possible use a paper tape.
- Worry about the origin and impact of the gifts you want to offer. You should require your seller transparency and try to ensure that what you consume has had a responsible and sustainable production.
- ENJOY THESE DAYS MAKING SURE THAT YOU WILL GENERATE A LOWER IMPACT TO THE MOST VALUABLE - THE PLANET